We perform a complete & thorough oral exam during your initial visit. During subsequent checkup visits, Dr. Smith & the hygienist will also include the following:
• Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts & bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth & root positions.
• Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues & gums for any signs of oral cancer.
• Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums & bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
• Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
• Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about oral exams or to schedule an oral health consultation.